9/9/19

Three New Recipes


I took a break from exploring new recipes after Kenyon and I ended up on opposite shifts.  After eating out a lot this last week, I am looking forward to exploring some new recipes or trying some previous ones.  Here are a few new ones we really liked:

 

Keto Parmesan Pork Chop

 


This is a recipe Kenyon found and wanted to try.  We served it with some mashed cauliflower potatoes, which I didn’t think turned out well or tasted good, and asparagus.  This was a super easy recipe and was really delicious.  This recipe uses the shredded parmesan cheese.  I calculated the points based on the cheese package and reduced the cheese from the original recipe.  If you wanted to lower the points more, you could reduce the cheese even more.  My pork chop had 0.5 oz of cheese which I thought made a nice crispy crust.  We will be making this again but with chicken breasts and tomato sauce for a chicken parmesan variety.

 
 
 


Mini Hamburger Meatloafs

 


This was a fun idea but a lot of work for something that ends up tasting like a hamburger.  Plus, I really like pickle so I served mine with extra.  I thought I could get more meatloafs out of a pound of beef and lower the points but that wasn’t the case and would have made them too small.  I used 96/4 beef, which is about as low as you can make this recipe unless you use ground turkey.  Kenyon isn’t a fan of ground turkey so he was happy I served actual beef.  I made some butternut squash fries using the air fryer.

 
 
 


Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (or any other type of fish you like)

 


This was a bit hit and we have made it twice so far.  I think I’ll make it again tonight since it was super easy.  I’m not a fish fan because I don’t like the taste.  This original recipe, which I found on Instagram, called for cod but I went for the frozen tilapia at Costco.  The second time I made this recipe I added some garlic and herb Mrs. Dash seasoning and really liked the addition.  This is a single serving recipe and since the tilapia is so long, I cut it in half.  You can reduce the points by using less mayonnaise or less cheese.  For this recipe we used the powdered parmesan cheese. 


No comments: