5/29/13

What Is In Your Grocery Cart?


I am a bit of a Nosy Nellie.  I am that creepy neighbor that is always watching what is going outside my front window.  I guess you could say I am just a natural observer!

I like seeing what people load onto the conveyer belt at the grocery store.  I am not sure that you can really tell if somebody is healthy just by what they buy at the grocery store.

Take myself for example.  I prefer to buy my produce at Winco.  I feel they have the better produce vs. Wal-Mart.  There is a cashier named Q (that really is his name.  I am not trying to be nice in not giving his real name) who works the night shift.  When I am on the graveyard shift I will often do my grocery shopping in the wee morning hours.  Q had commented a few times about my “healthy eating” since I am mostly buying produce. 

Q doesn’t see the other food I buy when I shop at Wal-Mart.  Think about somebody with kids and what their grocery cart reflects.  We really can’t tell much by just what somebody buys. 

I have heard WW leaders tell funny stories of other WW members turning around and walking the other way when spotted at the grocery store.  I have never experienced that.  I think I would just laugh.  People are funny.

I guess the moral of this story is: I am nosy.

No comments: