1/18/14

Hawaii: The Food

I couldn't wait to have coconut syrup on my pancakes. I read an old Hawaii scrapbook my great grandmother had put together after her trip to Hawaii in the 80s. I knew from then on I would be in search of some coconut syrup.


Much to my delight we stumbled across a diner in search of some food ASAP and I asked if they had coconut syrup. Yes!!

It was everybit as good as I had imagined. And since then I have had it a few other times. They range from super sweet to just the right amount of sweet. All are very yummy.


I also tried Portuguese sausage which I have also fallen in love with!


Kenyon and I went to Burger King for breakfast on the morning we left Oahu to catch our cruise. I was dragging my feet not wanting to eat there. I quickly forgot that Hawaii fast food is much different then other type of fast food. Kenyon informed me they had a Portuguese sausage platter. It was served with rice and scrambled eggs. Sign me up! I have had this sausage three times on this trip and I suspect a few more times when we get back to Oahu.


Here is some Hawaiian food I did not try. I am not that adventurous!






You can read more about my Hawaii travel:
Hawaii: All Day Travel
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor - USS Arizona
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor Part 2
Hawaii: Dole Pineapple Plantation
Hawaii: North Shore

No comments: