1/24/14

Hawaii: Pride Of America - The Entertainment


While most big cruise ships have lots to do on board, NCL isn't one of them! The entertainment usual doesn't start until 7pm and goes well into the early morning hours

I attended a few evening shows. Aloha Polynesian was a local group from Kauai that came on board for a night of Polynesian dancing. It is amazing what they can do with their hips! I thought of you Shauna when I saw those Hawaiian boys shaking their "money maker." This was the only show that allowed photography.








Kenyon and I attended a tribute to brodway show that was really fun. I also attended a funny show that sang Elvis songs called Rock-a-Luau. The final night was a variety show with both the comedian on board and the Oh What A Night cast, the Frankie and the Four Seasons show NCL is known for. Man those old women went wild for those four boys on stage!



I attended three lei making classes onboard. I met the neatest people during the lei making classes. It was so nice to see them throughout the rest of the cruise.


My first was the kakui nut lei. I forgot to take a photo but Kenyon is wearing it in this photo.



Then the fresh orchid lei, my favorite!




And lastly the ribbon lei.





I met so many wonderful people during our seven days at sea. When we would see them out and about on the ship or at port they would tell Kenyon, "I had such a nice visit with your wife." It was really a great time!

You can read more about my Hawaii travel:
Hawaii: All Day Travel
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor - USS Arizona
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor Part 2
Hawaii: Dole Pineapple Plantation
Hawaii: North Shore
Hawaii: The Food
Hawaii: Pride of America

2 comments:

S. Galloway said...

I do love those Polynesian men! :)

Rebecca said...

So balloon animals and now flower leis, the orchid lei was b-e-a-utiful! How fun, that's great you had fun with everyone you got to know on the ship, you know make connections.