1/1/14

Welcome 2014!!!



I am not one to make New Year’s Resolutions.  For the most part I am not a major goal-oriented person nor do I have goals set up that I am always trying to achieve.



But you better believe a time or two I started out a new year with hopes of losing some weight.  After all, it is a shiny brand new year with NO scuffs on it…yet!

January of 2007 was the last time I made a resolution to lose weight.  With that being said, I don’t plan to make a resolution to lose weight.

Yes, I am starting 2014 above my WW goal weight.  However, I am not going to tire myself out stressing over it.  Do I wish I was still in goal range?  Of course.  Do I wish I didn’t have to pay each week?  Of course.

I want 2014, and subsequent years to come, to be about overall health and I want to be in the best health I can be.  I want to continue to make healthy food choices and continue to exercise.

I want 2014, and subsequent years to come, to be about steady employment with lots of overtime so I can afford lots of travel!

I want 2014, and subsequent years to come, to be about keeping my marriage strong and enjoying every minute I get to spend with Kenyon.  I am very lucky to have him in my life and I am not about to let petty stressors in life get in the way of spending time with him.  I also enjoy him as my travel buddy!

I want 2014, and subsequent years to come, to be about spending time with my family whenever I can wherever I can.   I love seeing my nieces grow up and visiting the nieces and nephews in New Mexico.

I want 2014, and subsequent years to come, to be great for all of my wonderful friends, those that are near and far and those that are actual and internet friends.  I am so happy to have you all in my life.

I want 2014 to be a good year. 

I believe that we are all in control of our own happiness.  If something isn’t working, fix it.  If you are tired of getting treated poorly, stand up for yourself.  If you are in need of a change, then seek the courage to trust yourself enough to change it. 

YOU will be happier and YOU will be a better person!

Welcome 2014!!!  I am eager to see what you have in store for me.



No comments: