1/31/14

If My FitBit Could Cry


If my FitBit could cry, it would have cried over last week’s totals.  And it would have cried loudly, dropping very large tears.

After patting myself on the back for walking 67 mileson vacation AND being in second place among my FitBit friends I quickly dropped to last place with a teeny tiny weekly total of 12,868 and  whopping 9.90 total miles.

(hangs head in shame)
 
 

I’m working to correct that this week!

I was actually thinking a good goal would be to strive for 10,000 steps each day.  I am on day two of getting up at 3:30am (I usually get up at 4am) and walking on the treadmill before my workdays.  I have such a tough time finding the motivation to exercise after my 10-hour work day. 
 
 

So far so good.  By waking up at 3:30am I can get in some activity before work and also get my FitBit totals to increase.  I am also thinking that if I pack my workout clothes I can also encourage myself to go to the YMCA a few nights a week after work as well for some extra activity. 





Yesterday was the first time we have seen sun is days (okay not as many days for me as we were in Hawaii for two weeks).  Regardless, while I had no plans to walk after work I just couldn't resist the sunshine.  It was also nice to just go for a leisure walk and not have to worry about getting my heart rate up.  I also invited one of my good friends along for the walk.  Hello Dutch Bros!

 
I got my tushy into gear and went to the Y after my WW meeting on Tuesday. It felt good to walk the track and earn some steps. I also talked Kenyon into “Mall Walking” before the mall actually opened on Wednesday. It is a nice way to earn steps and change up my usual routine.
 

No comments: