1/17/14

Hawaii: North Shore

The beaches of Hawaii are amazing. I never get tired of snapping photos!
Kenyon and I set out to drove along the cost of Oahu and see the North Shore. My friend Shauna has been to Hawaii several times so I knew the places we had to stop: Surfin' Tacos and Matsumoto's Shaved Ice. I was especially happy for the shaved ice spot!

We had a late breakfast so when we rolled into Surfin' Tacos we weren't hungry. However, "when in Rome..." We decided to split a fish taco. Neither of us are really fish taco fans but felt we should try one since it was their speciality. I was highly impressed! It was so good I forgot to snap a photo until after we are it. Whoops.

We continued onto North Shore in search of shaved ice. I was able to snap some photos of surfers along the way.
Matsumoto's Shaved Ice is a small place with a long line out the door. They serve just shaved ice or you can add ice cream and/or beans (an Hawaiian thing). I got mine with ice cream. I ordered the "Matsumoto's" and thought it was pineapple, coconut, and lemon. It came out rainbow. Oh well. It was still really good!

You can read more about my Hawaii travel:
Hawaii: All Day Travel
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor - USS Arizona
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor Part 2
Hawaii: Dole Pineapple Plantation

2 comments:

S. Galloway said...

I love that you are getting to try everything!!! Makes me want to go back to bad!!

Rebecca said...

Did you really try everything? What about sex on the beach?!