1/15/14

Hawaii: Pearl Harbor - Part 2


Our passport included admission to the USS Bowfin. I have never been on a submarine. The spaces were so tiny!
We also visited the USS Missouri, a battleship that was used all the way until 1992. This ship was much more comfortable then the tiny submarine. It was HUGE.
There is a memorial on Ford Island military base designated to those lost on the USS Oklahoma. We were only able to take photos of our bus.
And lastly we visited the Pacific Avation Museum. Kenyon was in heaven. He loves planes!
My WW leader Donna was also traveling to Oahu the same time we were. Never in a million years did I think I would bump into her. As we were at the museum above I saw somebody waving at me. It was her. I loved it!


You can read more about my Hawaii travel:
Hawaii: All Day Travel
Hawaii: Pearl Harbor - USS Arizona

No comments: