1/29/14

Weekly WI - Almost February


I had my weekly WI today.  It was ugly!



But, it isn’t the end of the world (you all knew I was going to say that didn’t you?)

I am actually in a pretty good mental place right now.  Yes, this is the highest weight on record since I entered into maintenance almost five years ago.  However, it is also a higher weight than normal after coming back from vacation.  I lost five of my 10 pounds gained on vacation so I can’t be too hard on myself.

I made quite a few changes last week:

·        I didn’t eat cheese.  I was eating a lot of cheese recently.  I really love smoked Gouda so I was eating it almost every day.  I was weighing it and most days it was only 0.5 to 1 oz.  However, that is one small change that I can easily make.  Less cheese and/or just eliminate it all together for a little while. 

·        I also changed up my breakfast from the usual eggs and frozen potatoes to oatmeal again.  I like oatmeal I just think I was a little burnt out on it.  I also am adding in some cottage cheese at the end of cooking (weird but good) and I think it is holding me over longer.

·        I didn’t partake in French fries on my trooper ride-a-long.  I was able to ride with one of our troopers on Friday and we ended up at a burger place at lunch.  They had a “homemade veggie burger” which I usually find to be quite good.  I ordered that but didn’t order fries.  The trooper I was riding with was not ordering fries so it made my choice a little easier.  I had packed an apple and carrots in my snack bag so I had those when we got back into the car.  It worked out well.

·        I didn’t have chips and salsa at the Mexican restaurant.  Kenyon wanted to go to dinner on Friday night, unplanned, and since I had already passed on the fries I decided right then and there that I would not have chips and salsa.  Instead I would just eat all of my fajitas.  It was TOUGH!  The wait at the restaurant was long and I was hungry.  The wait for food was even longer.  I stayed strong though and guzzled my water.

·        I also reduced my sugar intake.  My friend Dawny cautioned me on feeling deprived.  I realized that feeling deprived is really all in your head.  Yes, it is easy to think that I NEED dessert.  I had dessert for lots of days on vacation.  So really, I am okay with taking a break. I ate a lot more fruit this week and chewed a lot of gum!  I knew that after my WI on Tuesday I would be having something yummy.  And I did!  FYI – I only had a small bit of cake then froze the rest.





·        Lastly, I vetoed Kenyon’s vote on eating out another day last week.  We have gift cards from Christmas and we have not felt like cooking since returning from vacation.  After going out on Friday night I knew we didn’t really need to go out on Saturday night.  Plus, the wait for a table on Friday was quite long.  We decided to eat out yesterday and next Tuesday.  I like to splurge a little after my WI.  It helps keep me on track through the week.


I had not planned to tackle so many changes this week but this is how my week ended up.  When I brought this up in my WW meeting they actually thought I should have started with just one change and build from there.  My only plan for last week was to make small food changes.  I am happy with how my week went.  I am going to continue to make small changes as well as change up my routine to hopefully get in more activity.

I’ll leave that for another post.

No comments: