3/24/15

Back On Track

Today starts my new WW week and I am actually happy to get back on track and clean up my food. I am still not sure why it takes a new week to right myself but at least I do. I started my day with some oatmeal. I love oatmeal and when I have fresh strawberries I love it even more. I could eat a whole pint (or two) of strawberries in one sitting. They are really delicious now.



I am also tracking 100% this week. I do much better with my food choices when I track really closely as I evaluate my decisions more. I have been saying “yes” a lot lately and I need to start saying “no” more. Occasional treats are doable but daily treats just get me in trouble. They are called indulgences for a reason and if you have something everyday it isn't an indulgence anymore.

I did well with my tracking pre-vacation and I don't ever track on vacation. I did gain a few pounds from Vegas that has not yet dropped off so now it is real weight vs temporary weight. I'll see how much I can bring it down by being consistant this week with my food and getting is some activity as well.

I know I sound like a broken record. I know I often say I'll do better and yet I don't. Always a work in progress.

I am going to hit up the WW meeting tomorrow afternoon. It will be a different location, leader, and group. While I love being at my Tuesday morning meeting with my favorite leader and WW peeps it is just hard to do when I am on graveyard shift. I get off work at 6am Tuesday morning and the WW meeting is at 10am. While I thought maybe I would try adjust my sleep schedule to attend I was just too tired this morning. I'm getting older and night shift gets harder. Once my body adjusts I think I'll do better. Last night at work was rough. Both my coworker Ian and I were really tired and the clock seemed to move at a snails pace from 2am-6am. That is the slowest time of the night.


I am off work through Thursday, except for some overtime on Thursday afternoon. I am looking forward to some veg/TV time! Being on night shift and being up most of the night at home makes lounging on the couch fairly easy! Since my Axiom membership includes 24 hour access on weekdays maybe I'll check out the gym this week as well. We shall see.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

if it's any consolation at all I don''t think you sound like a broken record, I think you sound like a LOVELY lady amidst a journey called life, and you live life and enjoy it, and stay mindful and have your sights on a different place you want to go/be than where you are. =-)