3/11/15

The Scale



My how quickly things can change.


A member on one of my WW message boards posted about looking back at her weight record to March of 2014 to help with a new perspective on where she was at.  While over goal, she is only slightly above where she was a year ago.  This is highly encouraging and very motivating.   It prompted me to see where I’m or more realistically what the overall picture shows.





It is just amazing how fast things can change.  Here is what I have entered in my March spreadsheet from when I made it to my goal weight in 2009.

2010 - 168
2011 - 176.6
2012 - 171.4
2013 - 175
2014 - 184.8
2015 - 198.4 (two weeks ago at WW)

It is really easy to get bummed out and down on myself for the weight gain.  In the last five years I have gained 30 pounds.  As you can see, it didn’t all come on in one year.  For three years I did great maintaining around my goal weight.  Ah….the good ‘ol years back when things were pretty carefree.  Clearly the program was still new and fresh and I was still energized.  There were still plenty of struggles.





Instead of getting down about it though I decided I wanted to look the weight logged each March during my weight loss journey.   




Here is what I found when I went through my old weight records.

2007 - 286.4
2008 - 215.4
2009 - 174.8 - Reached Goal



It does make me feel better to see that I am still weighing less than when I started on this journey. Also, the average gain per year if you divide it by the six years since I made it to goal is about 4.5 pounds. I guess for my first real venture down the scale with a large weight loss that isn't too shabby.

I've recently re-watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and also just saw the sequel The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. The hotel owner Sonny says, “In the end it will all be alright. And if it is not alright, well, then it is not the end.”


Isn't that the truth! It will all be alright in the end.

No comments: