3/22/15

The Ihli Sisters Do Vegas

It is no secret that Kenyon and I love Vegas. When I saw Newsies The Musical was coming to the Smith Center and asked my sisters if they wanted to go, a different type of Vegas trip developed. Spending time with my sisters, and enjoying the Vegas sights, slots, and alcohol was really fun. We had a great time!



Our flight left on St. Patty's Day so you had better believe I was all decked out in my best green attire. It turns out so was our flight attendants. Southwest was also offering a free drink to anybody over 21 that was flying on March 17th. Nothing says Vegas like free alcohol.





Our first day in Vegas was fairly low key. My sisters and I got checked into our hotel, had lunch, and then went to the North outlet mall. I am very disappointed in the Coach outlet. Both the fall and spring lines have been a dud. So no money was spent this trip. We met up with Kenyon, who had gone to Vegas earlier in the week for a gun class, and had dinner at Bucca di Bippo in The Excalibur. This is becoming one of my new favorite restaurants. 



Kenyon and I had to return his rental car and we walked/rode the bus back to our hotel. Our first day in Vegas was a busy one!


Vegas Day Two started with 2 for 1 deals at the breakfast buffet my sisters were able to get for us. I love breakfast buffets. After breakfast we did a little gambling at The Luxor using my $5 free play from joining the Mlife players club. I hit the jackpot on the penny machine and won $75 on a bonus game. Then I won a little bit more before cashing out. That never happens!





We went to the South outlet mall but again, nothing at the Coach outlet. 



We had dinner at Nine Fine Irishman at the New York New York. My sisters also had deals for this restaurant and it was amazing. We ordered two entrees and two appetizers to share and enjoyed it all. The chicken pot pie that others around us ordered looked amazing as well. We will be back for sure! Newsies The Musical was that evening so we took a cab to the Smith Center.



This was the highlight of the trip!!! When we went into the theater I wasn't sure where to go to find our seats. The attendant looked at our seats and said, “Box seats? Ohhhh...somebody loves you!” Yes, I do love my sisters. Upon a recommendation from a high school friend who is a theater buff I bought us tickets in Box K. It was amazing. I have never been to such a fancy theater. We were in a box with five other people and had boxes on either side of us. We made friends with the ladies in the box to our left and had a great time visiting with them.











Unfortunately my seat didn't have the best view.



I had a really tall guy infront of me so I had to lean to my left for the first half of the show. After intermission the two guys sitting to my right didn't return so I moved over to the middle seat for the last half of the show. It was a bummer for sure and a reminder that next time if I am spending that much money I'll try and get the front seats in the box. It was quite fancy in that if you ordered your drinks before the lights went down they were waiting for you at intermission saving us from having to stand in line. I could get used to this!




The story was amazing and the set design was unreal. I loved everything about Newsies and I am dying to see it again. It is playing in Portland, OR in April 2016 and you had better believe I'll keep my eye on tickets. I loved it. I can't wait to see it again.

We finished day two of our trip on Fremont Street. I love to people watch there. It was another jam packed day.



Vegas Day Three was pretty low key. We were all feeling the pains of walking around so much. After breakfast at Denny's we walked to The Bellagio to look at the conservatory only to find it was under construction. I remember once asking how long it took to change the display and we were told a full seven days. Sadly, there wasn't an opportunity to see the finished display on this trip.










We did some gambling and enjoyed some drinks on the house before heading back to Fremont Street. We had dinner a some restaurant, which wasn't very good, and people watched for a bit before calling it quits.



We had a very enjoyable time. I really loved my Vegas sisters trip.





No comments: