3/6/15

Let's Start The Work Week


My work week starts today.  Sigh.

I have too much fun on my weekends that I don’t look forward to the start of my work week.  I’ll just take retirement now and call it good…okay?

I get the privilege of seeing our new trooper recruits graduate from the training academy today.  So at least that will break up my day.  I love watching the graduation ceremony and I am happy we have extra staff so I can break away and go watch.

My Thursday day off was another busy day.  After being lazy in the morning Jamie came over for a walk from my house.  We went over to the Village Meridian.  I had not made that walk in a while and with the sunshine and minimal wind it was a nice 4 mile walk.  We then headed to meet our friend Teresa for coffee. The coffee place was an outside drive-thru place but had a table outside in the sunshine.  Today my nose appears to look a bit sun kissed.  And, I got a good dose of Vitamin D.

I had a late lunch and swing by Mongolian BBQ after my nail appointment.  I now have pretty gel nails (gel overlay on top of my regular nails) for our upcoming Vegas trip.  I also bought a cute St. Patty’s Day hat for Vegas.  Come on March 17th!

We ate at home last night and I made stuffed peppers with a Mexican twist.  We had ground beef that needed to be cooked and taco salads had not been sounding that appealing.  I decided to turn it into a stuffed pepper and it was a wonderful idea.  I stuffed my pepper with 2 oz taco seasoned ground beef, 60 grams pinto beans, and 14 grams Mexican cheese.  Then I added some taco sauce and sour cream.  It was really good.  I made two peppers for myself so I have one for leftovers.

Okay, back to work.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: