3/16/15

Size 14 With A Muffin Top


In preparation for our trip to Vegas, Kenyon and I did some shopping on Tuesday.  He needed some new shorts and I wanted to check out the sale at Old Navy.

I decided to try on a pair of size 16 slacks.  My current size 14 jeans and slacks are quite tight and sometimes after I wash them I can’t even get them to button.  Plus the muffin top hanging over the top is a ridiculous size.

I’ve always had a muffin top.  I seem to have always had two (or three) stomach rolls split by where my pants sit along my hips.  I know in pictures of my pre-WW days I had a muffin top and that same muffin top, although smaller, still caused havoc on my wardrobe when I was 165 pounds.

When I put on the pair of size 16 pants I swear to you my body let out a sigh and silently said, “thank you.”  My body was thanking me for not stuffing so much crap into such tight pants anymore.  While it was difficult to be buying the next size up (something I swore I wouldn’t do) it was needed and it was time.  The problem is after one days wear, they were baggy, stretched out, and chafing in the middle of my legs.  I’ve come to the conclusion that I am not a size 16 after all.  Whew.  That is a relief.

I put on my newly washed size 14 work slacks and realize that my true size is 14 with a muffin top.  I’m tempted to use the rubber band trick my high school teacher used when she was pregnant and her pants wouldn’t button.   Instead I guess I had better settle for reducing the size of my muffin top.

No comments: