3/5/15

The DUFF

I feel like being lazy today. Luckily I made an appointment for activity and that should help to get me moving and motivated! I love meeting up with friends for activity. It makes it so much more enjoyable. I also have a meet up with friends for coffee after.

It has been a weekend of friends all around.

I suppose I should rewind to Tuesday. I didn't have my WW meeting due to an opportunity to attend a training for work. I also didn't get on the scale at home. Last week was a very careless week and the reason for its carelessness was tracking. My focus this week is 100% tracking. Do I need to clean up my food? Yes. Do I need to exercise more? Yes. Do I need to eat at home more? Yes. All of that needs to change. But for now, to avoid it all feeling so overwhelming I am just focusing on 100% tracking...evening the ugly days! Just because I didn't track it doesn't mean I didn't eat it!

So yesterday I met up with Rebecca and Jamie for lunch at Costa Vida. I got my usual sweet pork salad but I've been getting the tortilla on the side and instead of the large one it has been a small tortilla. By getting the small tortilla I eat less since there isn't a big tortilla to tempt me and I save 6 PPVs. Yesterday, however, I was on auto-pilot and ordered the tortilla on the side but not the small one. I kept myself in check though and only ate a small portion of it and then tucked the rest out of sight so I wasn't tempted. Honestly, the large salad is huge and I'm always pleasantly satisfied afterwards so I don't need the big tortilla. It is just yummy and we all know it is hard to stop when something is yummy.

We skipped dessert, earlier talk of frozen yogurt, and I was confident that if we did go for foryo I would go for the fruit toppings instead of the candy toppings. I'm not sure when the switch occurred but for a while now my toppings have been candy and not fruit. It didn't used to be that way. Just one more small change I need to make to see better success.

My skipping of dessert seemed to pave the way to having movie popcorn for dinner. Well, at least it is tracked! I met up with Janet to see The DUFF and I am so glad we saw this movie. I cannot wait until it comes to the cheap seats so I can see it again.



The Duff (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) is about a high school girl that learns she has been named The DUFF and is only approachable by boys so they can get closer to her prettier girlfriends. She forms a connection with a popular jock neighbor and together they try to revamp her image. Obviously the moral of the story is: love yourself no matter what. The message is one that I think all young high school age kids should see. The movie also tackles cyber bullying. But, as with age comes wisdom and looking back at high school, I know as an adult I identify with the movie so much more than a current high school student would. If only we could go back and rewrite our youth eh?

It is a total chick-flick but I would highly recommend it.

I wasn't hungry after consuming more movie popcorn than two people really should have consumed. I guess it had been a while because boy was that popcorn yummy. I went to bed without supper since I wasn't really hungry and didn't need to be using any more PPVs. If I was hungry, well that would have been a different story.


Speaking of hungry, my breakfast is just about done. See you later.

No comments: