5/23/15

Homemade Lasagna


One of the reasons I really love SF is that I don’t have to calculate all the PPVs that goes into a recipe.  I know if you put it into the Recipe Builder it will calculate it for you, however, that takes just as much time as doing it by hand.  With SF it is good to weigh and measure your portions but sometimes it is nice to just throw it all in, mix it up, and go!

I’m eating all SF these next few days and decided to throw together lasagna.  Another thing I really like about SF is that I feel like I can eat higher PPV foods (pasta) and not feel like I'm breaking the bank.  My lasagna was all SF except for the Italian cheese I added to the FF ricotta.

I used lean ground turkey in my lasagna sauce since turkey is cheaper than beef these days.  I cooked up a pound and then split it in half to use for a different meal.  Pasta sauce isn’t SF so I had to make my own.  I mixed one can of tomato sauce, flavored with roasted garlic, and half a can of petite diced tomatoes.  I also added some minced garlic.   I had the tomato paste just in case I needed to thicken it up but I didn’t need it.  I added some Italian seasoning as well.




Boiled the whole wheat noodles.



And mixed some FF ricotta with 56 grams Italian shredded cheese.




Layer it all up and into the oven at 375 until it is cooked.  I did about 20 minutes covered with foil and then about 5 minutes un-covered.  It got a little bit dry.  If you wish to add more PPVs you could top it with more cheese.



I served my portion up with some salad.  It was actually really tasty.

No comments: