5/3/15

What I Ate Yesterday (Wednesday & Thursday)


I started out my week counting points but trying to focus on Power Foods (PF), which is what Simply Filling (SF) is all about.  For those that aren’t familiar with WW, SF is when you eat mostly PF and use your 49 weekly points (WPPA) for whatever else isn’t a PF.  So in my case I plan to use my 49 WPPA on full fat creamer and peanut butter.  There will be other stuff that pops up that doesn’t fall under SF.  If I focus on SF I hope this will allow me to make the WW program feel new and exciting again and also give me a shift in my program.  I also hope that if I am spending my WPPA on stuff I enjoy daily that maybe I’ll splurge less and/or keep my splurges to a minimum since I only have 7 WPPA a day.

Wednesday and Thursday I had already planned some meals out and knew doing SF would be hard.  I focused on PF for my meals at home and then counted points for the day instead of blowing through all my WPPA so soon for the non-PF items at the restaurants.  With my current weight I get 32 DPA so I did really well counting my points and staying on track.  I also earned 18 APs between those two days so I had enough points for eating out.

Since I re-committed on Wednesday afternoon I wanted to stay on track immediately.  If not, then I wasn’t doing myself justice.  I had a light breakfast during my meeting (yogurt and fruit so I had something to fuel my walk) and a light lunch so I had something to tide me over before my dinner outing.  I was actually hungry on the drive to Cottonwood Grille.  One of the tough parts for me in trying to be super on-track is a fear of eating.  I need to get better about this.


Wednesday I went to a MS talk at Cottonwood Grille.  The menu is set so I didn’t know what the food choices would be or how many PPVs I would need.  I had made up my mind BEFORE I went that I would not be having dessert.  Again, why start off my new-found confidence on the wrong foot?  Jamie called saying she was early and would I like a drink for happy hour.  I sort of knew this could be coming.  Part of me wanted to say no; after all I was trying to make changes.  But, I had earned 7 APs and figured I could use them for a drink.  I am really glad I decided to spend PPVs on a drink because it was delicious!!!  Their happy hour prices rock and I plan to go again.

 






Cottonwood Grille was the same menu as last time so I again selected the chicken.  I skipped the bread basket and dessert.  Despite having a drink and a pointy dinner, I ended up day right at my 32 DPA since I had such a light breakfast and lunch.  Success!

 


Thursday I ended up with two meals out, which was not the original plan.  I still made it all work.  I wasn’t sure if my lunch day would pan out so I had some cottage cheese and strawberries to tide me over.

 


I met Janet for lunch at Kyoto’s Japanese Steakhouse.  I have not been in FOREVER as Kenyon is allergic to shell fish and they cook everything on one grill in front of you.

 


I enjoyed the teriyaki chicken, veggies, and some of the fried rice.  I even ate my meal with chopsticks!  I wanted to do a face plant into the fried rice, my favorite part, but I controlled myself.  Eventually I knew I had enjoyed plenty and pushed the rest aside.  Small changes = Big results.

 




I didn’t have any solid activity plans and by afternoon I had missed my planned class at Axiom.  Janet suggested a hike.  I had some leftover turkey meatloaf and potatoes to tide me over.  We drove up above Lucky Peak Dam and hiked for 2 hours.  The hiking trail was so small and there were several spots that were scary.  Janet hikes there all the time but I was a bit nervous.  It was a rough hike but I am glad I went and I earned 11 APs.  I’m not sure I’ll sign up to go again anytime soon as I am still sort of scared of the trail.  It was nice to push myself out of my comfort zone.

 











My planned meal out was meeting up with Cathy at IHOP or Denny’s since we are both on the graveyard shift.  Cathy sent me a text just as I got back to my car from my hike sweaty, dirty, and STARVING.  We met at IHOP.  I had looked up the food choices ahead of time and there wasn’t much that was SF.  I decided to spend some extra points and have the Simply Fit blueberry pancakes with egg whites and turkey bacon, all for 11 PPVs.  I ate it all and it was delicious!!!  I love the strawberry syrup at IHOP.  I ended up over my 32 DPA by 11 points.  Since I have not used any of WPPA yet this week, I had another successful day.

I’ll give you a look at my SF days next.

No comments: