5/8/15

Thursday's Ins And Outs

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday to you. I hope you have some fun plans this weekend that include spending time with your mother. And if you are a mother, I hope you get pampered this weekend. I am excited to see my mom and celebrate our Mother's Day at breakfast on Saturday.

For me, it is back to work today after four days off. I wish I could say they were restful but instead they were quite busy. I also kind of got my sleep turned around so adjusting to graveyard this week is going to be difficult. I only have about two weeks left and then I rotate to day shift but Kenyon finally comes to night shift. It can be difficult with two people in the house working shift work. Thank goodness we don't have kids to complicate the matter!

Kenyon had my car yesterday as his was in the shop. I had plans to walk to meet my sister at Kohl's and then perhaps take myself out to lunch at SouperSalad. I didn't anticipate waking up to rain and did a quick 30-minute treadmill workout with speed and incline just incase the rain didn't let up and I missed my walk. It was a good decision because as soon as I got geared up to head out it was really coming down. I am not a fan of soaking wet shoes/socks so I sent a text to Katie and she offered to pick me up and go to lunch at Kona Grill with her and the girls. I'd not yet been to Kona Grill but had heard good things about it. I did a quick look at the menu online and looked up the PPVs on the WW app. I knew I would be counting PPVs today since I had plans later for a MS talk, where a free meal is always served. So looking for a SF option wasn't a big priority.



I went with the veggie roll and combined it with the lunch special adding a second item, a house salad. I substituted the ginger sesame dressing on the side and it was excellent!

Kenyon met us for lunch and then we picked up his car and I headed home to take a nap before the MS talk. This talk was at Silverstone, which isn't a restaurant, so I had no idea what would be served. Last time I went to a talk there it was Goodwood BBQ. That is exactly what they served yesterday but instead of individual meals it was the large trays of food. I had some pulled pork (my favorite is from Goodwood BBQ) and baked beans. There was no real veggie option so I did take some coleslaw but I didn't like it so I didn't waste the PPVs.



BBQ is a spendy food item. I estimated 12 PPVs for the pork and beans. I was still hungry after but didn't go back for anymore. Instead I had some yogurt, peanut butter, and apple when I got home. The problem with high PPVs foods that yield low volume is that my body just didn't get the “I'm full” signal and I can be miserable the rest of the day and super hungry the next day.

I've been to several MS talks and some are informative and others are boring. This was a good talk that was more of information vs just talking about a drug and how it can help with treatment. It felt like I had seen this presentation before though so Jamie's daughter Audrey and I entertained ourselves.






I stopped by Dutch Bros for an Americano. I needed a little pick me up. I saw one of my usual guys there. After he handed my drink out the window he asked what my title was. He knows I am a police dispatcher. He then confessed that he was recently pulled over for speeding (no idea if it was my agency or not) and all about his court appearance and his Alive At 25 class. I guess he felt the need to let it all out. This is the note he left me on the top of my coffee cup.



I took a nap from 9pm-12am, I know it sounds weird to say you took a nap at that time of day, to try and stay up for most of the evening. It was pretty uneventful and involved lots of TV. I was pretty much out of points after eating two meals out so I turned towards some lower PPV/PF to help. I cooked up one egg/white, a slice of ham steak, and toasted two slices of the 45-calorie wheat bread. I am not a fan of the thin light bread but Kenyon eats it and it is considered approved for SF. I wish I had thought to at least put on some of Mom's homemade freezer strawberry jam instead of the sugar free blackberry I found in the fridge. I find the key to at least making this bread edible is to really toast it so it is firm.



I'm trying sometimes to drink my coffee without cream, for those times when I am doing SF and I don't want to spend my WPPA on creamer. I got some SF coffee syrups today at Cash and Carry and the hazelnut is gross. I much prefer the SF hazelnut creamer vs the syrup. I eventually poured out this cup and made a new one with the creamer. Sometimes it isn't worth giving up what tastes good just to shave off a few PPVs.


No comments: