5/5/15

Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Pepper


I found a recipe in a WW cookbook for Philly cheese steak sandwiches, which I have made a few times before.  Kenyon really likes beef (and cheese) but we don’t have it often.  I really love the flavor of this beef and was reminded again how much I enjoy it when I made them into a stuffed pepper version.  I found the original idea on Facebook.
When you do SF, the only bread allowed is light bread and if you are going to have a Philly cheese steak, you gotta have it on a roll.  So I decided to stuff into half a pepper instead of making the cheese steak with the peppers as the recipe suggests.  I suppose next time I could still add the onion to the beef and then stuff.  I just thought of that.
Here is the original recipe.



 Basically I followed the instructions from adding the beef and the next five ingredients. (number 4 on the recipe).  I doubled the amount since I was using a full pound of roast beef.  I halved the peppers and boiled them ahead of time.  Then I stuffed the filling putting ¼ of a slice of cheese in-between part of the meet to make two layers.  Then the other ¼ slice of cheese went on top. 



If you can’t enlarge the photo here is what I did:

  • One pound thinly sliced deli style roast beef (I’ve used seasoned and unseasoned)
  • 4 Tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp salt-free Greek seasoning (which I only found regular salt)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Pepper

Mix all ingredients together and heat over medium heat until flavors combine.  If it gets a bit too dry you can add little amount of water at a time to prevent from sticking to the pan.

I put 2 oz of beef and ½ slice of cheese into each pepper half and planned to eat two halves for a total of 6 PPVs.  The pepper is the only SF part of this recipe since I didn’t use fat free cheese.  I suppose you could make your own beef from a SF roast option but I use deli sliced roast beef as the recipe suggests. 




I got six pepper halves out of my recipe.  I thought I could get eight but the beef cooked down.  I measured 2 oz after cooking.

These turned out to be quite tasty.  I served it along side corn on the cob.  Delicious!



1 comment:

Dawny said...

your inspiring =-) and sure make one want to go SF lol..

Granted for the most part, I eat all sf food, but the way your day looks im like hmmmm LOL