8/14/16

Saturday Night In Downtown Boise


I had a really great time last night hanging out with Phoenix and her friends downtown.  It is good to let loose and relieve some stress and friends are the perfect way to do it.  I can’t wait until I am back on day shift and back in town where I can see my friends more often.  I’ve missed them!

My friend Julie is in the hospital so I stopped by for a quick visit before meeting Phoenix.  She is doing well and hopefully won’t have to stay long.  She was on the sixth floor and for some reason when I visit a hospital I feel I should take the stairs.  It was quite the burst of activity and really makes you “feel the burn.”

I headed to Phoenix’s apartment to pick her up and met her there about the same time.  She accidently locked her keys in her car with her apartment key on it.  So our evening was off to an interesting start.  Her brother was able to get her spare key so we went to Carinos for dinner while we waited.

 





Once we had gotten into her apartment and she changed for our night out, we headed to Bodovino Wine for some wine tasting while we waited for the rest of the group to join us.

 


Bodovino Wine is pretty expensive so adding money to your card to tastes wines doesn’t last very long.  We were there during happy hour and none of the wines or beer on tap sounded good so I ordered a $2 mimosa instead.  I had not met Phoenix’s friend Sonja yet and along with her was her roommates Katie and Ralph.  They were such a fun group of people.  I am so glad they came into town and met up with us.  From Bodovino Wine we went to 10 Barrel Brewing on the hopes of getting some pumpkin beer.  I saw on their FB page they had pumpkin beer infused with rum and I wanted to try it.  I guess it isn’t available yet so that was a no-go.  I do love one of their porters so we all had a beer and shared some of the yummy pretzels we had last time I visited 10 Barrel.

 


Phoenix and Sonja had this friend Sam who they have not seen in several years.  He joined us at 10 Barrel and hung out with us the rest of the night.  We had thought we might go dancing at Hannah’s but the line was around the block so we went to the Cactus.  Oh my, that took me back to my collage days!  We met a guy at the bar whom referred to our group as “the next decade.”  It was a pretty young group and quite grungy to boot.  I even spotted a man bun!



Yeah, that is a fad that needs to go away!

We called it quits about 1:30am and by the time I made it home it was almost 2:30pm.  It was a lot of fun to spend a Saturday night downtown!

While it was an indulgent night and I didn’t count points per se, the plan from the beginning was to NOT engage in sweets/treats.  I am happy to report I didn’t.  I had the margarita at Carinos and the mimosa and wine but other than that, no sweet treats were consumed.  I am hoping my indulgent evening doesn’t completely wreck my WI tomorrow.  Regardless, I had an enjoyable time.

No comments: