4/11/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: Skinny???


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

Monday, September 01, 2008   

 
Skinny???  
Yesterday while at the store I bumped into my Dad's cousin and her daughter.  Upon talking for a bit she said, "Wow, you are just looking so skinny."  Obviously she made me feel good.  I did the usual, "Oh thank you" bit I usually do when somebody says that to me.
However it is still hard to hear.
I was then leaving the store when I bumped into my sister's friend, her husband, and their two kids.  After we talked for a few minutes she said, "Man you are just so skinny."  Again I sort of laughed, smiled and said, "thank you."  
It is weird.  I do enjoy hearing positive comments such as those.  And sometimes I find myself wanting to hear them since the scale doesn't always move in the downward direction.   
However, since I am currently weighing in just under the 200 lb mark I wouldn't have ever thought people would describe me as skinny.
Hmmmm very interesting.
In the meantime I'll keep plugging away at it.

No comments: