4/13/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: Blog Update

I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

Thursday, December 11, 2008   

 
Just a Blog - an Update  
I just feel like blogging today.  Pretty slow at work so why not eh?? 
I completed my very first spin class at the YMCA on Tuesday.  I can't even believe it.  If you had told me two years ago I'd be doing a spin class I'd say "no way."  It feels good though.  Not as sore today as I had expected so I plan to go again every Tuesday for a little while.  We have joined the YMCA in Meridian for their Healthy Holiday challenge.  For six weeks you have to workout twice a week.  At the end of the six weeks if you want to become a member they will waive the joining fee.  For us that is $120 so it is well worth it.  Having fun.  Almost to finish up our second week there (I think just second??) 
Other news, Kenyon and I are house hunting.  We have met a great realtor, Christina with Swope Enterprises.  We are having fun looking at houses and even found a couple we might consider.  Waiting another few weeks to look at more houses on our list.  So far so good though.  I have never wanted to be a homeowner but I am excited for this new journey with Kenyon.  I can hardly wait to have "our" home.  I might be whistling a different tune come summer when I am out mowing the lawn.  But for now it is fun. 
We found out yesterday our dispatch center will be merged with RCCE from Pocatello.  I am very sad these dispatchers have to decide to up-root their lives if they want to keep their job.  Although I am anxious to meet some of those that do move, I wish them all the best of luck in what they decide.  I can only imagine how tough it will be.  So as of July 1, 2009 we will now dispatch for Regions 3 through 6.  Major work on our end and lots of new area to learn! 
I am still plugging away at Weight Watchers.  I am getting closer to the goal I set with my doctor of 175 pounds.  I am now 117 pounds lighter and feel great!  I love my new active lifestyle and I love live in general.  I'll get to that goal (and beyond).  Right now my sights are set at being at goal by my 30th birthday, October 25, 2009.  Should be enough time eh??
I hope you all have a safe and Happy Holiday season.  Many wonderful wishes for the New Year that is quickly approaching!

No comments: