4/18/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: My Two Year Anniversary With Weight Watchers


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

Saturday, January 24, 2009   

My Two Year Anniversary with Weight Watchers
Current mood:  strong
 
I will have been a member of Weight Watchers (aka WW) for 2 years on Monday.  I can’t believe it has been two years.  What a program this is.  What a lifesaving tool it is.  And what great support I have gotten from my friends, family, coworkers, WW members, and my WW leaders.  It has been a great two years 
I started in Nampa with Lynn.  She was so supportive and loved to talk about food struggles.  She was always so positive and shared with us her current weight gain and how she was working hard to get it back under “goal.”  Lynn retired several months ago.  I was sad to see her go.  She was off to travel the world and left us her email address to be in touch when we reached our own goal.  I can’t wait to contact her when I get there. 
From there Mom and I went to the Caldwell meetings with Tamela.  Tamela is so upbeat and positive and was so much fun.  We really enjoyed her meetings.  I reached my first major goal of 100 pounds lost just before we had to switch meetings.  They were all so very positive!  I miss Tamela’s meetings..... 
We are now at Nampa again.  This time with Kimberly.  I’m not sure what to think of her.  At first she wasn’t my favorite leader.  She seemed to focus more on activity and exercise and less on food struggles.  She was no less amazing like my other leaders.  Kimberly lost 65 pounds and has maintained her weight of 155 pounds for a few years now.  She is also a trainer at the YMCA, I look forward to taking her spin class in the future. 
So here I am approaching the eve of my two year anniversary with time to reflect on where I have come from and where I still have to go.  It has been the most amazing journey.  I am healthy, fit, and happy.  I am enjoying my new healthy lifestyle and my new size 14/16 jeans.  I still have many more pounds to lose.  If I want a chance at being a WW leader I have to weigh in at 155 pounds.  Quite a feat for somebody that started at 304 pounds.  But I’ll get there.  Just wait and see!!!

 Here is to two years and counting!  122 pounds down and 27 pounds to go!  It has been a very successful two years!

No comments: