7/29/17

New Food Finds: Lavish Bread & A New-To-Me Tortilla


I’ve tried some new products lately that have been making the rounds in the WW-circuit. 

First up, Joseph’s Lavish Bread.  I’ve been following a few women on Instagram whom are WW members.  It has been interesting to see what they eat and/or get some idea of low point meals.  One of those gals is @myfitfoodsmama.  She has such great ideas and is really good at putting together low point snacks and meals.  She was the first one to introduce me to Joseph’s Lavish Bread, which I found at Walmart.  This is a 2 point flatbed that is really versatile and the square is HUGE so you can do so much with it.  You get four in a pack and I found them for under $3.00.  I really like the taste of the lavish bread and I think it takes better than Flatout bread.  My first taste was when I made hot dog rolls, a recipe from @myfitfoodsmama.


  • Two Hebrew 99% Fat Free hot dogs – cut lengthwise in half
  • One light string cheese – cut lengthwise into quarters
  • Joseph’s Lavish Bread – cut in quarters
  • Roll a piece of hot dog and string cheese into each quarter of lavish bread
  • Spray cooking sheet and place them seam side down (with a bit of force to get them to stay)
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted, the hot dog looks cooked, and the edges are a little crisp.
  • 4 SPV

These were really good.  She has some great recipes using the lavish bread that I plan to make as well.  And, tonight for my meal at work later, I’ve got all the fixings to do pizza.  Yummmm….I will be buying this again.

Next up, Ole Xtreme Wellness Spinach & Herbs tortilla.  My WW meeting has been talking about these tortilla for months and they are difficult to find.  They just happened on the shelf below the lavish bread so I decided to get both.  You get eight tortillas for under $3.00.

I have only tired these once and I’m not 100% sold on the taste.  But, I still have more to try.  I made a recipe I found online for ham and egg cheese pockets.  I’d been looking for tortilla meal ideas since Kenyon has a low carb tortilla he eats all the time.  This recipe appealed to me because it was a breakfast idea where I could just pop it the oven while I was getting ready and then be able to head out the door.  Since we now have a gas range, I don’t leave the burners on unattended.  The original recipe can be found here: http://www.recipetineats.com/no-washing-up-ham-egg-cheese-pockets/





  • One Ole Xtreme Wellness Tortilla
  • 1 oz deli ham
  • 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • Follow the instructions in the recipe for assembling your pocket (DON’T TURN IT OVER). 
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
  • 7 SPV

Next time, I’ll remember to add salt and pepper.  I’m not a huge fan of hard boiled eggs, with the exception of as egg salad.  She gives a suggestion in her make ahead/freeze option to scramble the egg first.  I might do that next.  Also, the ham gave off some moisture so after 20 minutes, I changed out the foil on my baking sheet and put it back in the oven.  As far as a portable breakfast that you can make while you get ready and then take on the go, this was really good.  For 7 SPV, that is the same for my Jimmy Dean DeLite Egg Sandwiches that only take two minutes in the microwave vs. the 25 minutes for this egg pocket.  I would make these again though and I plan to soon.  I want to try bacon in place of ham.

 

No comments: