8/24/18

Book Review: The Bachelors Of Buttermilk Falls Series & Falling For Mr. Wright By Robyn Neeley


I was all prepared to tell you today about the newest book I’ve read from an author I really enjoyed.  Then, I looked back at my prior book reviews and I see that I never told you about Robyn Neeley yet.  What??  This is a catastrophe in that you’ve not been able to read these great books.  But, the plus size is now you can binge-read them back-to-back, which is how I love to read series books.
So, let me get right to it!  The first books I read were the Bachelor of Buttermilk Falls series.  I actually downloaded the first four books and read them at rapid speed.  I stumbled on the fifth book a few weeks ago and loved it just as much.  Since it had been several months since I read the other four books, I was a bit confused with the details of the backstory.  But, I loved them all just so much.
This series has magic in it.  I’ve always wished I had magic powers so it made the series so much fun.  Robyn is also really good that you can feel the connection between her main characters in how she write about them.  The only other author that has done this for me is Terri OsburnI still highly recommend her Anchor Island series.  It’s wonderful.
So, here are the five books in The Bachelor of Buttermilk Falls series.
Batter Up starts out the series with Emma, the owner of a bakery who has the ability to predict the name of an eligible bachelor’s true love in her cupcake batter.  The male character is Jason, who is a reporter that wants to expose Emma as a fraud.
 

Tangled Up is about Abby, who is Emma’s cousin, and who also has some magic powers of her own.  She just hasn’t zoned in perfecting them yet.  The male character is Brandon, a friend of Jason’s.
 

Kiss and Make Up is about Josh, who is a brother to Abby. His female character is Caitlin, who he has known since growing up in Buttermilk Falls.
 

Holiday Hook Up is about Adam, who we were introduced to in the other books.  Adam just so happens to have a distant cousin named Mary, who also has magic powers, and hasn’t seemed to be able to crossover.  Mary sure does love to cause trouble.  The female character is Bethany, who has longed for Adam since she was fourteen years old. 
 

One Sweet Match Up is about Donovan, a resident of Buttermilk Falls who has just moved back after selling his restaurant in Denver, Colorado.  Donovan is also the brother of Rachel, a character we met in Holiday Hook Up.  I suspect if there is a sixth book, it will be about Rachel.  The female character in this book is Zoe, who known Donovan from her past but isn’t sure Donovan remembers her.
 

After I read One Sweet Match Up, I went searching for more of Robyn’s books.  I read Falling For Mr. Wright in about a day and a half.  It was so good I could hardly put it down!
Falling For Mr. Wright is about two office friends, Sarah and Ryan.  Sarah asks for Ryan’s help in her quest to date her boss, Logan, who is also Ryan’s best childhood friend.  The chemistry between Sarah and Ryan is off the charts!  I seriously found myself crying over the agony of reading their thoughts.  This is a really good book.
 

I’ve downloaded Holiday Wedding and Destination Wedding.  I can’t wait to get started on them.


No comments: