8/4/18

New Grocery Find: Chilly Cow Ice Cream Bars


I found a yummy new treat at the grocery store earlier in the week.
 

I’ve tried many of the “light ice creams” on the market and I’ve had the small tubs of Chilly Cow ice cream.  The only problem I have with the pint of ice cream is that it is hard to stop at the recommended serving size.  That is why it is generous to have a whole pint being low in points.  The Chilly Cow pints take it even one step further and give you two half pints so you can still eat one container and only spend 7 SPV.
I guess I have two problems with the various light ice cream out there in that you have to wait to eat it because they usually need to thaw a bit before you can get your spoon in it.
 Um…who likes to wait for a yummy treat?  Not me!
So, when I found Chilly Cow has ice cream bars now on the shelf I was eager to try them.  Mint Chocolate Chip is my all-time favorite ice cream.  But, I’ve never really met an ice cream flavor I didn’t like except for maybe black licorice.  I was also eager to try the Salted Caramel so I got a box of each.  Each bar is 4 SPV (on these two varieties, I’m not sure on other varities).
 

I have only tried the Mint Chocolate Chip and it is divine.  I’m anxious to try the Salted Caramel.  These are hard, like the tub of ice cream, so you can’t really bit into it like a regular ice cream bar.  But, it is really easy to lick and still takes just as yummy with that instant gratification that comes without having to wait to eat.  I’m going to get some to take to my Mom and Dad’s house on Sunday for dessert after our family dinner with Grandpa.
The hardest part is not going to the freezer for another!  I’ll be buying these again for sure.  It has been hard to find a WW treat bar other than the fudge bar in my area supermarkets.
 

The crazy part is that I bought these on Thursday and then made a trip out to Kuna to run errands.  I stopped at Arctic Circle for a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup & Cookie Dough shake, which I about half of and counted 20 SPV.  I could have saved myself gobs of points had to just come home and broke into one of these Chilly Cow boxes.  Doh!  Now I know for next time.

No comments: