8/26/18

Nine Days To Europe


The countdown continues…

 


It is less than two weeks that we arrive in Europe, and now two weeks away until we board our Viking River Cruise.  It is all so exciting and a bit nervous.

Some even more positive news is that I found coverage for my OT shift next Thursday so I am down to just five work shifts after today. 

It is going to be a huge help to have those three days off to get the last of anything I need rounded up and to do some practice packing.  I also have a hair appointment and a pedicure appointment. 
We met with our travel agent so we have all our travel documents in hand and are working on getting any of the last minute notifications, copies of documents and passports, etc. all ready to go.  The benefit of traveling with Kenyon is there is two of us to think of everything together. 

After seeing the packing cubes Kenyon has been using from Rick Steves, and Danielle offering to let me borrow hers, I want to try some practice packing.  These packing cubes are mesh, and unlike the photo shows, mine wont’ be super packed and thick.  I’m thinking this will allow my clothes to collapse down easier for packing.  At least that is what I’m going to try out. 

 


This is all I’m planning to pack for clothes:

  • 1 pair of black lounge pants - which can also double as nice pants for evening dinners on the ship.  I am also wearing 1 pair of black lounge pants on the plane.
  • 2 pairs capris – these will be my main everyday clothing wear.
  • 2 long sleeved shirts – I am also wearing a third long sleeve shirt on the plane.
  • 2 short sleeved shirts – which allows me flexibility for temperate and also something to wear with my lounge pants on the ship.
  • 3 nice shirts – these will be paired with my capris or black lounge pants for evening dinners on the ship.
  • 3 tank tops – I wear a tank top as an undershirt each day.  I will also be wearing a tank top on the plane.
  • 3 short socks (for capris) and 2 long socks (for black lounge pants) – I’ll be wearing a pair of long socks.
  • 5 panties – of course I’ll be wearing a pair of panties, HA!
  • 1 sports bra – not sure I’ll need this but just in case I want to walk the track on the ship or for a day where we have a more intense excursion and I want to dress down more.
  • 1 pair sandals – these are for evenings on the ship when I am wearing my black lounge pants and dressier shirt.
This might not look like much, but it should be plenty.  The shirts I am packing/wearing are light weight, moisture wicking, and odor reducing.  They will also be easy to sink wash and don’t show wrinkles.  I can also sink wash socks and underwear so I won’t be taking a pair for each day.  I am wearing my jacket on our travel day, which I will use for layering if the temperatures are cool along with a long sleeve shirt. 
 

Other items I am packing:

  • Toiletries, make-up, etc.
  • Hat
  • Small umbrella
  • Charge cords for all my devices/adapters
  • Prescription pills
  • Jewelry
  • Small hair straightener – which is technically not allowed on the ship due to it being a heating device.  I’m sure if I’ll just cut my hair really short and leave this at home or take it and see what happens.
  • Norwex travel Envirocloths – I hear there isn’t wash clothes and/or towels in many European hotels/bathrooms.
  • Selfie Stick – I bought a small travel selfie stick so I can use it when we are on the shop and there is a castle behind us.  It should make for a good photo op.
  • Jamberry Skinnies Wraps – I’m going to try out the new Jamberry Skinnies wraps, which go on with no heat and should be really easy to apply.  I’ve gone back and forth on what I want to do with my nails since we will be gone for 15 days.  That is a bit much to stretch one wrap and I worry about what happens if I lose a nail.  I ordered two of the Jet Setter design and will have plenty of extras if I lose a nail or need to replace any. 

 
 
 


In my travel purse I’ll pack:

  • iPad/headphones/extra battery charger
  • Sunglasses
  • Gum/Chapstick
  • Passport
  • Wallet/foreign currency/credit cards/medical cards
  • Travel documents

 

That is about it.  I’m confident I have it all but I do have time to perfect my list.  That is what practice is for!

No comments: