8/8/18

Weekly WI: Down...But Not Much


I had a good WI with a loss of 0.4 pounds.  I was bummed as I had wanted to lose more.  It makes me nervous starting out the month with such a tiny loss, especially coming off of a small gain last week.  I know I worked my week really well and earned blue dots five of seven days.

 


So, I’ve just got to make this week another great week and hope that I see my combined efforts pay off soon.  We were talking about perspective before the meeting started.  I like looking back at my weight record graph to see my progress even if the scale isn’t showing massive drops in numbers.

 


And, my pants/clothes fit better.  Last week I was at Lane Bryant and got size 14/16 undies.  I’m also wearing my size 16W capris.  So, there is still progress and success more than just the scale number.

In other exiting news, my Mom has lost 75.1 pounds since the end of January and earned her next charm.  I’m so excited for her.  She is a Freestyle Rock Star.

Did I tell you that Kenyon joined WW online a week or so ago?  We were talking about our upcoming Europe vacation and how he would like to lose a few pounds before then.  He typically does low carb but decided to give WW a try and signed up online for three months.  It has been easier having him on the same plan.  He isn’t as strict as he is when he is low carb and I think it is eye opening how much fat is being consumed on low carb diets.  The biggest struggle is fixing foods that have enough points for him since I typically eat low points.  Men get waaaaaay more points a day than women do.

This morning, I made us some egg cups with Southwest Egg Beaters and made mine with chicken sausage and light mozzarella cheese.  Mine were three points for two egg cups.  I made Kenyon’s with full fat cheese and bacon bits so his were six points for two egg cups.  Usually he will have a larger serving of what we are eating and/or will add butter, cheese, etc. to drive up his points.


Kenyon isn’t a meeting person and has no desire to sit with a group of women and discuss his food behaviors.  Instead, he is finding ways to make Freestyle fit him and his lifestyle.  I hope he finds enough success with it to continue when we get home from vacation.  I’m a bit partial to WW though.

No comments: