8/3/18

When The Day Starts At 3:45am


I’ve been setting two alarms for workdays, one at 3:45am and on at 4am.  I was setting one at 4am and 4:15am and found I would lounge in bed until 4:30am.  It doesn’t take me long at all to get ready but my mea prep/breakfast can take a bit.  So, I started upping the alarm so I could hopefully get up “on time” vs “late.”

When I woke up at 3:45am, I had a text message from the supervisor asking if one of us can come at 4am since a graveyard coworker went home sick and coverage was needed between 2am and 4am.  Well, I was up, might as well seize the day.

I packed up my leftover chicken salad for lunch, threw together a snack, and grabbed some instant oatmeal and peanut butter for breakfast.  I also made myself some espresso to-go with my Starbucks Verismo machine.

I arrived at work ready to take over at 4:30am.  It is now 6:30am and my stomach is growling telling me I’m hungry.  Clearly my instant oats, peanut butter, and strawberries didn’t hold me over well.  I hate when you get out of your normal routine.  I foresee myself having my snack and lunch much earlier than expected today. 
I have plans to meet up with Phoenix and Kiki after work so I'm going to try my best to hang in there and stick to my plan.  I'm pretty sure I'll be using some WSPA today.

Yesterday, I met up with Rebecca for lunch downtown.  We tried this new place called Wild Root.  I told Rebecca I wasn’t super stoked to be eating at such a “granola place” but was open to trying something new and I spotted the falafel on their online menu so I was sold!  It was really tasty and the falafels were delicious!  Afterwards, I walked to Flying M to get an ice coffee for the road.  I was also trying out my new hat for Europe.  I wanted better sun coverage than just a traditional ball cap.

 


It is a great hat and I really liked it.
I’m not quite ready to be a responsible adult and start the work week but I guess I don’t really have a choice. 

Happy Friday.

No comments: