8/10/18

The Weekend Ends And The Work Week Begins

Good Morning! 

I'm finishing up my coffee and will get myself rounded up as I am going into work late today. One of my classmates/friend's father passed away so I will attend his service before I head into work. I can't believe this is the second classmate to lose their Dad in the last few months. 

It was a full day off yesterday that started at 6am when my alarm went off. I had plans to meet Kelsey and Phoenix for a walk on the Greenbelt in Eagle and I was instantly regretting the early wake up time. It was supposed to be HOT yesterday so we started early. The sun was up and had a very red hue to it.

I get a bit freaked out with the thought of being on the Greenbelt because there have been several horror stories through the years. So, I came prepared with my Damsel in Defense items. 

Hey, if you don't have them with you, they won't work! Thankfully we walked four miles and were safe and sound. It felt good to start my day with a good dose of activity.


Afterwards, I redeemed a freebie breakfast sandwich deal at Panera. I love the bagels so I subbed in a bagel for the bread, asked them to hold the cheese, and had cream cheese on the side. It was delicious that I used a few extra points for another quarter of the bagel. I really love bagels.

I had a return to make at Old Navy and found their sunglasses were on sale for $5. I was wanting a cheap pair to take to Europe incase something happens to them (i.e. I tend to drop my sunglasses) and debated between a black pair of cat eye and a purple pair. Purple won my heart and when I got the register found out they were on clearance for $1. I asked about the black pair and they were on clearance for $3. It was a great find to get two pairs for under $5.


I met Kenyon for lunch, which I had not planned before I ate at Panera. I ended up dipping into my WSPA for dinner. Glad I had those extra points despite not earning a blue dot.

The afternoon was spent watching movies at home and eventually putting together a pot roast in the Instant Pot for dinner. I love the one-pot dinner and it makes clean up a breeze. After dinner I re-did my Jamberry manicure and put on this wrap called Byrd. I love the sparkle and the bright colors. I'd been saving it for Fall since I think it has a really great Fall color scheme. I'll save the other half for October.

It's time to start the work week, and as usual, I'm wishing for more days off. I love making the most of my days off work.

No comments: