8/13/18

Playing The Waiting Game


I can’t believe how close we are getting to our big Europe vacation!  Just three weeks to go and the official cruise countdown is under 30 days!  Amazing how fast and slow it feels both at the same time.

 


Since we are pretty much ready to go, it feels like we are just playing the waiting game now.  We still need to meet with our travel agent and collect the final travel documents.  She was out of town last week and we are out of town mid-week.  I hope we get word from her that the documents are ready.  But again, it is just a waiting game.  We had some foreign currency delivered to the house last week.  It totally looks like fake money.  And, the more I stalk the various Instagram pages, the more I am convinced I was born on the wrong side of the world!

My friend Danielle arrives home from her Scotland trip today.  I can’t wait to meet up with her to hear all about her trip.  I’ve been lucky enough to get a couple of text messages/photos from her.  It makes me all the more excited to visit Europe.

When I met with Rebecca last night at Yardhouse on Saturday night, I was telling her how I am continuously reminding myself that all the yummy food and alcohol (BEER!!) is coming soon.  It helps me resist when I feel the need to have a beer especially since the Sam Adams Octoberfest beer has hit the stores.  It is one of my favorite seasonal beers.

Since Kenyon and I are getting the suitcases out of the closet for our trip to Pocatello this coming week, maybe I’ll do my practice packing again.  I keep wanting to and then I remind myself that I don’t need to keep getting clothes out just to have to put them back away.  I don’t really feel like I need to fine tune my packing and am feeling confident overall.  I decided to get a new pair of tennis shoes for our trip.
 

When I bought my Sketchers Go Walk Joy, in hopes of having cute shoes to go with my capris, they didn’t have adequate arch support and I’ve pretty much killed my right foot!  So, I got some new Ghost 10 in a very bright color.  The new Launch 5 came out and are discounted.  I like the natural color of the gray shoe and it was more of what I was looking for when I bought those Sketchers.  I can always return them as it is free shipping each way.  I’ll have to try them out and see what I think.

No comments: