8/2/18

Weight Watchers Chicken Salad Recipe


I tried a new Chicken Salad recipe that came in an email from WW several weeks ago. 


(hopefully the recipe comes through and doesn’t require you to sign in or be a WW member)

I wasn’t sure what to think of this recipe since it includes unsweetened dill pickles or sweet gherkins.  I am not a fan of sweet pickles but after finding some sweetened with Splenda, I decided to go for it.  Since the pickles are sweet, I didn’t add any fruit like chopped apples or grapes.  Of course, if I was going to omit the pickle, I’d be all for the extra fruit in there.

I also use canned chicken for ease and since we didn’t have any light mayo, I used FF Greek yogurt in place of the mayo but still added the light sour cream the recipe calls for.  I didn’t put in any lemon juice or parsley.  Lastly, I added some sunflower seeds when I ready to eat it, which added more crunch.

My Chicken Salad was two servings and each were 1 SPV.  The sunflower seeds are extra depending on how much you use.




The verdict, it was quite tasty.  I still don’t love sweet pickles but they do work this recipe.  I’d defiantly make it again (and plan to since I still have pickles) especially since it is an easy on-the-go meal or snack.  I didn’t miss the mayo and FF Greek yogurt does have more liquid so it isn’t best to let this sit for more than a day or two.

Enjoy!

No comments: