8/30/18

Unexpected, Expected Work Day


I’m checking in late in the day because it has been a busy one.

The coworker that I traded my 10-hour overtime shift today ended up calling in sick.  That caused my phone to ring at 1:45am since I had to take back my OT shift.  DOH!  I have the worst luck.  My mind started to wake up and the only thing I still needed to do over my “weekend” was do some practice packing.  So, I seized the day and got up and around.  I promptly regretted that decision once 6am rolled around and it was time to start work.

We got an upgraded phone system at work that went live yesterday.  They are still working out the bugs so the start of shift was rough.  They were also making tons of noise getting the old phones out of the dispatch center so it was really chaotic.  After being here all day, the new system seems easier to navigate.

It has also been a busy/steady day at work so I am feeling okay but ready to go.  Just one more hour left.

My Magnolia & Vine order came from my party last week.  I am not a big jewelry person but it is so fun that I can’t wait to wear it all.  I did a fashion show for my coworkers with some of my interchangeable pieces.  I’ll do a whole post on it here soon.

 


My work week officially starts and I just have to get through the next four days and then I can start my vacation.

No comments: