8/25/18

Once Again, My Inner Toddler Wants Out


It has been a week.

 


I’m not sure why exactly, but it has felt like a pretty rough week for food, tracking, focus, and motivation.  After my small loss Tuesday, I knew I needed to stay on track this week if I wanted to continue to see the scale go down before vacation.  And, I’m so fearful of getting back in the 220s that it is weighing heavy (pun intended) on me.

I didn’t earn my blue dot on Tuesday after a gyro at the fair put me over my daily points + 5 weekly points.  I honestly thought ahead of time that was going to be an okay food choice.  It wasn’t until I entered it later that I saw it was 19 points.

Wednesday after my OT shift, I had no desire to cook and really no meal plan in mind other than making some chicken.  Kenyon suggested pizza so I brought home a Papa Murphy’s Cowboy on thin crust.  I checked the points ahead of time and 1/8th of the large size pizza was 8 SPV.  I really wanted to earn my blue dot but I also wanted to face plant into the pizza, eat as much as I wanted, and not track it.  Tracking the pizza helped me come to my senses and I cut my 1/8th into three smaller pieces and had that along with a salad.  Success!

Thursday was lunch plans with a friend and my Magnolia & Vine (jewelry, purse, and accessory) party.  I tried really hard to manage my points.  I was really feeling the “not fair” feelings at lunch of having to micro-manage my points.  Somebody I just wish I could just relax and let it all work itself out.  Ugh.  My inner toddler really wanted out. 

We had lunch at Boise Pie Company and despite the name, we didn’t have any pie. 

 


But, I almost left with a key lime pie for my party later in the evening.  The crust looked amazing.  I took a photo of the coconut cream pie and sent it to my Mom.

 


I made a low calorie/sugar cocktail for my Hawaiian Party.

 


I changed out the vodka for Parrot Bay Rum/Light Rum, which is where most of the points came from.  I used Diet Cran-Pine just as the main base and only used a small can of pineapple juice.  I added in coconut flavored water as well.  It was quite tasty!

 


I served pulled pork, jasmine rice, and pineapple coleslaw.  There was mixed fruit salad for dessert.  We had a really nice time at the party, but not blue dot was earned.

 


I’m now down to 15 WSPA left.  Thankfully, my work week has begun and my eating is more structured.  Plus, Kenyon works night shift this week so I’m on my own for meals.  It is much easier when I don’t have to plan dinners.

I don’t know why I am struggling so much this week and I hope it is only temporary.  I know I’m ready for a break from weight loss, both mentally and from the regiment of planning, counting, and tracking.  But, I don’t want to be so lax I gain a bunch of weight back.  I am looking forward to vacation so I can relax and bit and not worry so much about just food.  It will be nice to have other things to focus on.

No comments: