8/22/18

Enjoying My Days Off


I think my vacation countdown will not be done using work shifts left vs. weeks/days left.  9 more shifts after tonight’s OT.

I was not ready to start back work today!

I had a jam packed Tuesday and thoroughly enjoyed my first day off.  Kenyon and I are on opposite shift schedules for another week so I felt like I had a day just to myself.  After my WW meeting, I went to lunch at Olive Garden for soup and salad.  The restaurant was dead at 11am and I was seated next to the only other table of people.  It is both a blessing and a curse that I have a dispatcher ear and can listen to any conversation.  I may have eavesdropped during my lunch.  But, it kept me entertained as I dined alone.

Afterwards I went to see Crazy Rich Asians at Edwards in Boise. 

It wouldn’t have typically been a movie that would have caught my attention but with all the new release buzz, it did.  And, it was wonderful.  I really enjoyed it, thought about it long afterwards, and am thinking I’d like to see it again.  Such a wonderful story that was adapted from a trilogy of books.  If you like a good Rom-Com, go see it. 

I had to race home to change shoes and freshen up so I could pick up Danielle and head downtown.  Kenyon and I had plans to meet with our travel agent to pick up the last of our travel documents.  Afterwards, Kenyon went onto work and Danielle and I went to the Western Idaho Fair to see Bret Michaels in concert.

 


Danielle was like a kid in a candy store she was so excited.  I don’t really know many 0f his songs but it was sure a prime people watching experience.  And, I really enjoyed the concert.  My ears are still ringing a bit today so I hope that clears up soon!  I’ve never stood with the crowd close to the stage so that was also an interested and fun experience.

After seeing Bret Michaels, all I could think about was the movie Rock Star, so I dug it out of the DVDs at home and watched it today. 

It was a nice lounge-at-home kind of day.  Thursday will be very busy with two friend meet-ups and a Magnolia & Vine jewelry, purse, accessory party.

I’ll report in on my WI tomorrow.

No comments: