8/1/18

Weekly Wi: Damn You 220s


*be prepared for my train of thought being all over the place

I love my Tuesday AM WW peeps.  It was a great meeting with the topic of Celebrate NSV.

 


NSV (non-scale victories) are so important and should be celebrated.  This topic was spot on because I was coming off of a stellar week where I pre-planned, pre-tracked, balanced, and accounted for social situations.  Despite all my focus, I gained 0.2 pounds.  I know that had I thrown caution to the wind and didn’t pre-plan or balance, my splurges would have been much grander and I would have gained a whole heck of a lot more than just 0.2 pounds.

I am considering this a temporary gain and will continue to stay positive and stay the course.  I ended my month of July with a total loss of 5.6 pounds.  I’m very happy about that.  I am down 10 pounds since January.

 


I get a little bit down on myself when I think about how much more I could have lost had I had not had such a, oh what is the word…careless June.  When I look back at my biggest success months, January and July, it is no surprise that those were the months I tracked 100% and earned the most blue dots.

 


February, March, April, and May, while my monthly losses were low, I tracked more days each of those months than I did in June.

 




June is just…sad.

 


Oh beer, why do you have to taste so good and why do you persuade my food decisions after I consume you?  Damn you month of June!

I don’t like making excuses, so I won’t.  June is over and done with and July was much improved because I worked hard to make it much improved.  Had I just continued to eat/drink with reckless abandon, I’d have for sure ended the month of July with a gain as well. 

Since the scale is only one indicator of weight loss/maintenance, we need to celebrate the behavior changes that lead to better health, fitness, and overall wellbeing.

 


The WW Weekly noted two types of NSV: adopting behaviors that lead to success and recognizing other forms of progress.

One behavior that I’ve adopted that continues to lead to success is tracking.  As I laid out above, when I track, I am more successful and I evaluate my food choices before I eat them. 

One way I recognize other forms of progress is by wearing my size 16W capris!  It is funny because I appear to be about the same size as last year and the size 16W fit better this year than they did last year.  Of course one of them feels tighter than the other so it could just be how pants are made.  But, I’m still going to rejoice!  It feels good to buy smaller clothes.  My work polo shirts are also feeling looser.

I still catch myself feeling envious of those that are dropping the pounds fast and wonder what they are doing that I’m not doing.  I desperately want to get out of the 220s and gosh darn it, that number appears to be haunting me!  I’m bound and determined to stay motivated and break out of the 220s soon.

No comments: