11/19/18

Confessions Part II

I don’t love to exercise.

I do love how it feels after exercising. I feel motivated, accomplished, and like I can go out there and slay the day. It makes me wanna clean up the kitchen and make the bed before I go to work.

But the actual act of getting out of bed and doing the work out is daunting. I ended up skipping my workout both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was so Kenyon and I could go on our morning breakfast date and we also went on an evening date to Old Chicago. Sunday it was just so nice to snuggle in bed since Kenyon was off for work and I had nowhere to be until 10am. It was really nice just getting to visit while we were cooking breakfast in the kitchen and sat down to eat at the table. I miss having days off together.

But exercise was calling when I woke up this morning and I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill. I’m still on track to complete my challenge for the month. But I definitely need to stop skipping days.

I don’t know if this will create a lifelong habit again. Believe it or not are used to exercise very religiously when I was first going through my weight loss journey. I would go out for walks and most days walking for at least 3 miles. I’ve completed half marathons, numerous 5K and 10K races. I’ve even done a 12K race. 

The motivation I once had just doesn’t seem to calling to me as strongly. My doctor was telling me one of the ways to get my HCL up, the good cholesterol, is through exercise. I am also feeling the benefits of lifting weights when I go to the class on Wednesdays at the gym. It may kill me but it is slowly making me stronger.

I’m going to stay committed to the rest of November and complete this challenge. We’ll see where I go from there.



No comments: