11/15/18

Socializing

I added some social events to my calendar this week. Last night after picking up Danielle, we met Phoenix and her clan along with Kenyon who had just gotten off work at Old Chicago.

Every season, Old Chicago has a beer, drink, food mini tour and each year I try to complete it but I never get it done. This year I’m going to do it! I have to chose 12 different items between now and December 30. The sooner your complete it, the better chance you have of getting the shirt size you want. This time, they are awarding a zip up pulllover. All the more reason to try and win the prize.

Last night I got four items checked off the list. Kenyon and I each ordered a different food dish and I had the whiskey flight and a 10oz beer. 

Danielle helped me with the flight and I didn’t drink all my beer. One reason was that I had to drive and the other was to reduce the points. But I did pre-track. 

Tonight I’m meeting with Kelsey and Julie for dinner and the a movie. I’m looking forward to visiting with them and catching up.

This morning Kenyon and I went to the DMV to renew our driver’s license and get our Real ID Star Cards. The DMV has been crazy busy with long lines after an upgrade to their system that didn’t go so smoothly. We arrived at 7am to stand in line for 30 minutes. We were given number 12 and still had to wait an hour to get up to the counter. Whew, glad went early.

Today is World Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day. I’m wearing my purple in support.



No comments: