11/2/18

Stuffed Pepper Soup From Skinnyish Dish


In an effort to stay on track and earn my blue dots, I looked up several new recipes to try from Skinnyish Dish.  I’ve tried her skillet chicken, Chipotle Beans, and Cilantro Lime (cauliflower) rice and enjoyed them all.  I’d been eyeing the Stuffed Pepper Soup for a while now and finally decided to make it, with a few modifications.  I decided to make mine in the Instant Pot.

 


And it turned out great!  I loved the one pot clean-up too.

  • I used 99% ground turkey breast and seasoned it with liquid smoke and McCormick smoked seasoning salt while I sautéed it.
  • I used a bag of frozen cauliflower rice instead of the ¼ cup cooked rice that her recipe calls for.

Other than that, I followed her recipe. 

I started by sautéing the ground turkey breast.  Then, I added all the other ingredients into the Instant Pot, set it for 10 minutes on the soup setting with medium heat.  It took the pot a bit to come to pressure since there was a lot of liquid in there and then I let it naturally release for about 30 minutes or so.  The peppers and onions were nice and soft and all the flavors had combined nicely.

I only had to count points for the beef broth (2 SPV), olive oil for sautéing (1 SPV), and the balsamic vinegar (1 SPV). 

I split the pot into four servings so each serving is just 1 SPV.  I would make this again and I look forward to the leftovers.

No comments: