10/19/19

All The Mixed Emotions After Watching Brittany Runs A Marathon


I had heard about the new movie Brittany Runs A Marathon while listening to Fortune Feimster’s Sincerely Fortune Podcast.  Fortune had the main actress and comedian Jillian Bell on her podcast talking about the movie.  After looking at the previews it looked like a good movie and one that I could relate to since it centered on an overweight woman living in New York City who takes on some lifestyle changes. Danielle and I saw the late showing at the cheap theater last week and it turned out to be a really great movie.

 

I had mixed emotions watching the movie.  As Brittany navigated the ups and downs of her journey, I could definitely relate.  I remember all the ups and downs that I felt in my own journey.  I could really relate when Brittany sustains an injury that might mean she cannot complete her goals.  I remember feeling depressed after my back injury which lead to eating which lead to re-gain weight.  Just like Brittany, I eventually had to find the courage to try again.  To work hard to get back to the healthy habits that made me feel good.



 

As Brittany crossed that finish line, I cried right along with her.  I remember the feeling of crossing the finish line after you trained so hard for a race.  After walking my second half marathon in 3:30, and shaving off 30 minutes from my previous half marathon, I knew this would be my last long race.  It was just too hard on my body to continue such long mileage walking.



 

I also cried because I can really see myself re-claiming my 100 pound lost and finally seeing myself under 200 pounds again.  I’ve worked so hard to get my re-gain under control that all the happy feeling are waiting to come out again.  Same with those happy feelings of reaching my doctor’s goal weight, which I know with persistence I will get there.  If not 175, then maybe the new doctor’s goal weight I’ll set when I have my annual/physical in November.

 

I love all the happy feels I’ve experienced in my weight loss, maintenance, and re-gain journeys.  I also remember all the unhappy feels that comes with the stressors and setbacks in each journey.  Somehow, those setbacks make me stronger and help propel me forward.  I’ve got goals to earn and I’m going to keep working towards that “finish line.”

No comments: