10/24/19

Purples Have More Fun

You know the age old debate if blondes or bruenttes have more fun?  Well what about purples?

I told myself I’d stop coloring my hair when I turned 40.  Instead, that actually happened about three years ago.  I was tired of spending so much money on hair color and not really 100% loving my hair.  I also wanted to see how much gray would come in since my Mom has had gray hair for years under her dark hair color dye.

The plan down the road would be to put purple in my white/silver hair.  Problem with this is that I’m not going gray very fast and instead it is coming in pretty even with that salt-and-pepper look.  I haven’t had the desire to color my hair these last few years but I have missed the richness and depth that hair color provides.  And, I knew I still wanted purple.  I also had to find just the right hair dresser.

After chickening out a few times, I finally decided the kick-off to my 40th Birthday was the prefect time to make a change.

My new hair dresser, and WW leader/coach Cindie, always has beautiful vibrant hair color and she often has purple tones.  I knew she was the right person for the job.  The hardest part was having trust.  



After she highlighted the base layers, I was pleasantly surprised.  But, then the dried the hair and it was…blonde.  Very, very, blonde.  I was super nervous and she threatened to turn my away from the mirror if I didn’t stop my worrying.



Thankfully she is the professional and it all turned out great.  I’m very happy with my new purple.



I had not originally planned to have an all over highlight/purple but I am glad I trusted her.  I even got a compliment at dinner later that day by one of the seating hosts.  He said the color was fabulous and she did and excellent job.  Kenyon really liked it but nobody else had seen it yet.  That made me feel really good.

The crazy part of the color is it looks different depending on the lighting.  Sometimes I have to look closer to make sure the purple is there.


I can’t wait for everybody to see it at my Prost To 40 Party.  #thisis40


No comments: