10/22/19

Recipe Success: Turkey Dijon Mini Meatloaf



 



Side note: finding Herb de Provence was difficult.  I had been to THREE different grocery stores and still was not able to find it.  We were at our new big fancy Albertson’s and spotted it for $7.99 a bottle.  WTH?  It was buy one get one free so we bought two!  Then, I got to our new Trader Joe’s and I see a HUGE jar for $4.99.  I swear, I have the worst luck.  But, it was going to be several days until I could get back to TJ’s so I just kept the jars I bought and opened it up.  Doh!

 

Another side note: I wanted to also suggest getting these aluminum cupcake wrappers for easy clean up.  I hate having to scrape out the bits that don’t come off, even with cooking spray.  So, I starting buying these for easy clean up.  I take out the paper wrapper that separates each one and I still put some cooking spray in them so they don’t stick.  I also like to line my cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up too.

 


I had some extra points to use today and had a box of stuffing in the pantry.  It was perfect side item for my meatloaf since it tasted sort of like turkey dinner.  The celery and the dried cranberries in the meatloaf made it epic.  I really enjoyed this and since I used ground turkey breast, my meatloaf came out to 2 points per loaf.  I ended up not having any regular oats and had to use thick oats, which is where the points jumped up.  But, either way, it was worth it for this delicious meal.  I can’t wait to make more soon.

No comments: