10/7/19

Weekly WI: October Is Off To A Great Start


Hello.  Happy Monday.  I thought I’d check in with my Weekly WI results.

 



I’m stoked for a loss this week.  Doubts started to creep in when I woke feeling like I was retaining a bit of extra water weight.  Thankfully I’m back on the downward trend and a great start to the month of October.

 



I had an interesting exchange with the WW Coach who weighed me in.  She is also the leader of the new meeting I’m attending.  I was feeling a bit upset and worried I might have to find a new meeting location. I am hoping it was a misunderstanding because once the meeting started, I do really like this leader and workshop members.



What happened is similar to a few years ago when I had attended a new-to-me location and met a new-to-me leader.  I was saying last week how nice it is to be anonymous but the downside to that is nobody knows your story.  Nobody knows you pre-WW days and how far you’ve come or the ups and downs you have experienced.  And, I’ve spent a lot of time over the last three years working on myself and acceptance with the large amount of weight I re-gained and how hard my re-focus to lose again. 

The leader tallied up my total loss, 90.4, after flipping to the front of my WW weight record booklet.

 


It has been goal weight and my starting weight and says that I am a lifetime member.  I’m not sure if that is was confused the leader but she asked me what I wanted to use as my starting weight.  Um….304.8 pounds?  I tried to explain that I am a LT member over goal and that I am just coming to this meeting from another location.  Did she think I was a returning member?  Or maybe she was confused on how I was LT but “only” lost 90 pounds?  I don’t know.  This is why I’m thinking it was just a miscommunication and not something intentional.  But, in that moment it felt like she was making me feel guilty for my re-gain…the one thing I have worked so hard to come to terms with. 


She went on to ask if I wanted to use 215 as my starting weight, which is the weight at the start of my booklet since I just had to start a new booklet.  No thank you!  If I was going to use anything as my “new” starting weight it would be 253, my highest re-gain weight.  I want credit for that almost 40 pounds I’ve lost!  And really this could be all she was doing, just trying to figure out where and how I wanted to celebrate my losses.  At least that is what I’m going to tell myself.  I really do think it was all just a misunderstanding.



We all have our own personal best and as long as YOU are happy, that is all that matters. 


No comments: