10/1/19

Weekly WI: It's Good To Be Anonymous


It was kind of nice to sit in the Monday night meeting feeling anonymous.  There was no members who acted like they knew me.  There were no members who I recognized.  It was a new-to-me-leader.  It felt good to look like I’m a new WW member figuring out this whole WW program instead of seasoned WW member who has seen success and struggles.  I’m not sure how long I’ll stay anonymous.  If you’ve met me in person, you know I have a big mouth and talk way too much.  It’s only a matter of time before I “out” myself.  Until then, I’ll just sit back and enjoy this new meeting location.  I think it will be a good fit for the next few months.


How did WI go?  Pretty good considering it was post-vacation.  I decided to weigh myself at home when I woke up yesterday and saw I have lost 6 pounds of vacation weight.  I still had a gain at my official WW Studio though.

 



That’s okay.  I was really happy to not be above 216 pounds and I am ending the month with a total loss of 1 pound.  I am kicking myself a tiny bit since I had been ending the month with a bigger loss.  But, skipping the scale to avoid the gain wasn’t the best idea (oh I considered it).  And, as long as I get back to tracking and earning those blue dots, I’ll see this 1.8 pound gain drop off in no time.

 


I had been keeping record of my monthly weight totals.  It’s looking pretty good for the year.  Of course 209 back in March is still taunting me.  It is going to feel sooooo good when I can end the month below 209.  I've just noticed that I am up 6.2 pounds from March but I am down 6.2 pounds from July.  I'll tell ya, weight loss is a funny thing and we can't just focus on the number on the scale.
 
 

No comments: