10/8/19

It's 3PM


Today’s #wwphotoaday was titled 3 PM.


I had just finished my breakfast, which is what you do when you work night shift.  Your days get so turned around.  Phoenix made the comment that she couldn’t work night shift.  What most people don’t understand is rotating to a night shift means your whole life changes to night shift.  Appointments get scheduled later in the day.  My WW Workshop is now at 7pm.  You clean your house at 3am.  You exercise at 4am.  You grocery shop at midnight.  Life still goes on…just in the middle of the night.
In my case, it works out just fine because Kenyon is also on night shift at the same time.  We don’t have kids to worry about since they just complicate things.  HA!  With children, you’d have to rotate back to a “normal” shift because they really can’t take care of themselves.  Now, I see parents all the time work night shift to accommodate their home schedule and I give them BIG kudos.  It is tough stuff to work night shift and have a regular-schedule home life.
Regardless, this is the world I’m living in for the next few months and so far, it is starting off pretty good.  I’ve been getting on the treadmill around 3am after my night troopers go home and before my day troopers check in.  When I get home at 2am from my overtime shift today, I’ll get in a workout and watch some TV.  I want to clean up the house so I can enjoy my next two days off. 
Thursday we are going to one of the local corn mazes which should be a fun Date Nite.  I’m not sure what else will be on the agenda.  Now that my sleep has regulated more, I plan to start utilizing more of my daylight hours since it is getting darker earlier.  There was a couple of days last week where the sunshine and warm temps were perfect for an outside walk.  I had not planned accordingly so I’ll make sure I do that this week.  I love Fall so I’m eager to get out and enjoy some of it before the temperate dips even more.
Okay, I’ve rambled enough.  Have a Great Tuesday.

No comments: