10/14/19

Weekly WI: Slow And Steady


It was another successful loss at my Weekly WI.  Down is always good.

 


I will admit, I was bummed it wasn’t a larger loss.  This vacation weight is sure taking its sweet time leaving my body!

 


I have so much to celebrate this week:

  • Earned blue dots all seven days
  • Started back up a more regular exercise routine
  • Ate within points even though I had pre-planned a high point day
  • Feeling really good overall

 

What I can change for next week:

  • Eat more food/points as I hardly touched my WSPA and even had some days with rollover points
  • More intense activity and getting my heart rate up more

 

And above all, continue to stay positive.  It is feeling a bit like the tortoise and the hare.

 


We all know the tortoise wins the race (spoiler alert if you’ve never heard the story) by staying consistent and persisting.  After being taunted by the nasty hare, the tortoise didn’t give up.  He continued to persist at the pace that worked for him and won the race.  But how did a slow moving tortoise beat a fast moving hare?  The hare got cocky and thinking he had the race already won, he stopped to take a nap.  Boy I’ll tall ya, stopping to take a nap will pretty much murder your WW Game.

Persist I must and persist I will.

Plus, I’m meeting Danielle for her belated birthday celebration and I think I see pizza and beer in my upcoming week.  Good thing those are two of my favorite things.

Update on the situation with the WW Workshop Coach/Leader last week.  When I showed up to the workshop I spotted a new receptionist, which happens to be a longtime WW Buddy.  Plus, one of the other Coaches/Leaders I really like was there helping to train.  After the workshop I popped over to say hello and all leaders and receptionists chatted for a while.  I’m hoping this opened the door to this new-to-me leader seeing how awesome I am.  Time will tell.

No comments: