10/23/19

Recipe Fail: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

My first attempt at Crustless Pumpkin Pie was a bit of a bomb.  I used WW Pound Droppers Zero Point Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe. 



The pie smelled amazing while cooking in the oven.  I inserted the fork in the center three different times, all of which never came out clean.  After baking it for 50 minutes, I decided I better not risk overcooking it.  So, I’m not sure if it wasn’t that good because it wasn’t fully set?  Kenyon thinks it was the almond milk.  He suggests cream.  I looked up the points for heavy cream…um…no.  That is 7 points a slice.  I told him I’d make him one if he wants it that badly.
I also don’t think I love the taste of the Golden Monkfruit.  After making some mini cinnamon rolls on my days off, I didn’t really love the taste.  I didn’t notice it so much when I used the regular Monkfruit sweetener in the pumpkin break I made.  Maybe I’ll use regular next time or even consider subbing the Splenda brown sugar for points.  After all, it is a zero point recipe so it is okay to play around a little to add some point. 
I’ve had a few other recipe suggestions, while not zero point, that I might try.

No comments: