10/6/19

On Track With Food And Activity


I’m getting a bit of a late start to activity this month thanks to the nasty head cold both Kenyon and I got last week.  Thankfully we are both on the mend so I have started working towards my October Apple Watch Activity Challenge.




 

This month I have to log 13 workout of at least 15 minutes.  So far I have stuck to treadmill walks but I do plan to branch out.  I really miss my Wednesday morning Chisel class at the gym now that I am working graveyard.  I looked at the gym schedule and there are a few classes I can hit.  So far I’ve been super lazy and not waking up very early.  Part of that is not sleeping well and part of that is just…lazy.  I need that to change that if I’m going to try and lose 5 pounds this month.

 

Despite my pre-planned high point day on Friday, I’ve been on track this week with earning my blue dots.  I am even trying to earn back a few rollover points today and tomorrow.  I am really happy to earn so many blue dots especially since we had pizza on Wednesday. 




 

We cashed in my free birthday pizza at Grimaldi’s Pizza, the first time we have been.  It was delicious.  Our car guy Bryan suggested their pizza and said his family’s favorite is The Don.  Grimaldi’s isn’t in the WW restaurant section of the app but I did find the nutrition on line.  Before we went to dinner, I used the WW calculator to figure up the points in an entire pizza and then had to wait until we arrived to see how many slices were in a 16 inch pizza.  I had a back-up pizza plan too incase we couldn’t order The Don as part of the freebie promo. 




 

I will admit, I didn’t want to figure up the points.  I love pizza and I knew it would be a points bomb.  But, I wanted pizza so bad.  I ordered a small salad and planned two slices until I saw the pizza only had six slices.  Six huge slices.  So really, once slice is like two slices.  I re-calculated the entry with six slices in the whole pizza and ended up spending less points for just one slice vs. two slices if there had been eight total.  Win-Win.  The small salad was huge so I ended up eating it in four smaller potions so I could stretch out my dining, fill up my stomach, and have something to eat along with my pizza slices. 



It all worked out great and I ended earning my blue dot.  It is a lot easier to eat high point meals when working night shift because you have an abundance of points at the start of your day.


 

WI is tomorrow and I am expecting a loss.  I hope to lose the 1.8 pounds I gained last week.  I’ll report back after my WW Workshop.

No comments: