12/3/19

A Few Black Friday Purchases


I did not venture out for Black Friday shopping for a couple of reasons:

I was tired

I didn’t need to be spending money

 



I love when Black Friday falls on my night shift.  There is nothing better than stores being open all night long.  But, I was exhausted and just wasn’t going to go out in it.  Oh…I still managed to spend money though!

I caught wind of the Built Bars Black Friday Deal where all boxes of bars were $10 off.  They advertise this is their biggest sale every but my last order was in October and it was 2 boxes for the price of 1.  Now that, was a killer deal.  Since my last order, I’ve been dying to try the peanut butter and almond coconut and was just waiting for the next sale.  I guess I had better keep eating on the last two boxes I ordered.

 
This was a freebie and wasn't too bad but I wouldn't order a box

Before I left work for my overtime shift on Tuesday night, I was reading Shay’s blog on her recent stay on the Norwegian Cruise Line Encore ship.  The Encore is brand new and recently came to NYC on a trans-Atlantic itinerary.  Passengers are being offered to board while it is at port and spend a night or two checking it out.  Oh man…wouldn’t that be sweet!  Well, thanks to Shay, I learned that Encore has A STARBUCKS ON BOARD!!!!  WHAT?!?  My dreams have come true.  And, I knew I must try and get on this ship ASAP.

It just so happens that NCL was running a 30% off Black Friday Deal plus you had the options of all four “free at sea” offers AND you only had to pay $100 deposit.  Guess who booked a cruise?

 



I found a repositioning cruise on the Pacific Coast that was a great deal and also included the option of an aft balcony.  We have always wanted to cruise on an aft balcony.  We will board in Los Angeles, make stops in San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria, BC, and end in Vancouver, BC.  We also have a couple at-sea days.  The cruise isn’t until April of 2021, so we have a full year to save up the money and/or make payments along the way.  Yeeehaaaw!

And lastly, I needed some nail base/top coat gel for my Jamberry nail wraps.  Their Black Friday deals included free shipping.  I ordered some adorable holiday wraps along with the gel.

Not your traditional Black Friday shopping but somehow, I managed to spend plenty of money this weekend.

No comments: