12/13/19

When You Feel Good, You Feel Good

After my WI this last week, I spent some time looking over my WW weight record noting my weight differences from last year to this year and even years past.  I know I am lower than I was in August 2015 and when I look back to 2014, that is where I see my weight was in the 190s, which is what I’m setting my new WW goal at using my new doctor’s note.

I keep going over this mantra in my head: when you feel good, you feel good.

I went in search of photos from the time I was in the low 90s.  I found this one that Kenyon took while we were in Vegas.



I know when I was working my way back up the scale that I didn’t feel that good.  Most of it was mental.  This journey of re-gain has taught me a lot about letting go of the pressure to feel perfect.  Some of that pressure I was putting on myself in the way I thought I needed to act, look,  and behave.  And some of of that pressure was from outside sources and what they thought.  Recently after sharing with my close WW Buddies on our 100 pounds lost group FB page, Janice commented “I think you managed to conquer the biggest hurdle of all, the psychological part.” 

I’ve let that sink in for a few days and while I don’t think I’ve somehow figured out the magic solution to losing weight and keeping it off, I do agree that I have done a lot of mental work through these past 13 years of being a WW Member.  I’ve often said that you don’t lose over 100 pounds without doing some serious work physically and mentally.  Finding out where to live life in a balanced state but also being realistic with yourself when you are struggling is upmost important.  We have to be kind to ourselves and yet also strict at times.  


I guess I’ll cut off my rambling at this point and continue to mull it all over.  The bottom line right now for me is that I feel good.  When I feel good, I strive harder to reach my goals.  I may not want to start my day with a workout but I sure never regret it when I am done.  Meal planning, tracking, pre-planning, activity, and water has been so helpful to my weight loss journey this year.  Being in a positive mental state has also helped.  Please don’t forget that component along your journey.

No comments: